So far today, I picked up a basic Weaver mount for the rifle and put my new Leupold FXII 2.5 ultralight w/wide duplex on it. I went to (gag) buy some remmie ammo and the prices were up about $3 from last weekend so I got pissed and bought a box of 165gr Speer hot cores to try. I bought the Speer strictly on price point (least expensive in a 100 round box). I am first going to try IMR 4350 and if it goes well, great if not I have seen RL22 recommended in manuals. I am open to loads that folks have that are either 7600 specific or general 30-06 fodder. For now I will just be shooting paper this week and early Dec deer in western Pa...

Whelen Nut: My first rifle, a VZ24 based sporter had the swing over mounts and for a spell I reverser one so it wouldn't swing at all and it was stable enough.

tzone: I am not going with see throughs due to the concern you mention. i like a low mount with QD type mounts.

I am not sure if I will put my VXIII 1.5-5 on this or not. It is a beautiful scope and very sturdy but I will try the 2.5x first. If I get decent groups at 100 and can see well enough I will just use it. It is ultra compact and just over 1/2 the weight of the VXIII.

A fellow here had a Trijicon 1-4x or near that that looks like a perfect scope for my needs and I like the triangle reticle. His price seemed fair but I would have to sell my VXIII if I got that. My shooting budget is about used for this year...

Thanks and ideas, comments, suggestions, bitches, gripes and concerns are always welcome...

Be safe

Patty