Originally Posted by firstshot
Well...I guess I'm one of "Those People". Bought my 7600 7mm-08 through Grices. Had the trigger worked on and now it's not a clean crisp 3Lbs. Forend doesn't rattle and rifle is very accurate with the handloads I've developed for it. It consistently shoots sub MOA with everything I've tried so far and generally averages about 3/4" CTC @ 100YDS. I use 145 Grn Speer HotCor's on top of IMR4350 for open area hunting and Hornady 154 Grn RN on top of H414 when hunting the woods.

[Linked Image]

Here is a couple of my "better" 100 Yd groups with each of my hunting loads. Dark squares are 1/2".
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

It's got wever bases and Luepold quick release rings. I've got two Burris 3-9X40's with Ballistic Plex reticles. One sighted in for the 145 Speers and one for the 154 HDY RN. Holds point of impact very well when switching scopes. Also picked up an ATN red dot sight which I intend to use with the RN bullets but haven't got it sighted in yet.

Killed two deer with it last season and both were DRT. Love the rifle and the set-up. It's definitely my go-to rifle now and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

firstshot
----------------------------
Make your first shot count!

Yes you are one of "those People"!

I had a 25-06 with the same gray laminate stock but I hated the stock and traded it for a 257 Roberts plus 300 bucks.

Glad I got the Roberts but wish I still had the 25-06 with walnut stocks. The Roberts shoots under 3" groups at 200 yards with Remington factory ammo with an inexpensive Nikon 3x9 prostaff scope.