Note to self and others:

Be sure to check the torque "tube nut" that holds the barrel to the receiver. It also functions as the guide for the forend. On a hunt last week I noticed that somehow mine had loosened on my 7600 carbine I recently got and allowed about 1/32 to 3/64th movement at the receiver! That translates to about 70+ inches of range of POI at 100yards... The gun shot 1" + or - the week before and I have no idea how it might have got loose in transport. I removed the tube nut thing, cleaned the threads, noting that there was NO sealant on the threads from the factory, and put a dollop of red locktite on the bugger and torqued it back down, good as new. Or maybe in this case better than new.

When I discovered the loosness I went to my backup Marlin 1894ss 44 mag that was thankfully stashed in the rig and went hunting again. BTW, the carrier on that got sticky after being totally reliable for 1000+ rounds shot by me in the last year. I am replacing the carrier on it as the little springloaded plunger pin on the carrier is the culprit...

When I started getting problems with the 1894 I borrowed my buddies 45-70 handi rifle! No problems there. But unfortunately no deer to shot on the trip. What a cluster .... weapon wise that trip. But overall I am pleased as it was a nice adventure seeing long lost friends and making a couple new ones...

Be safe and check the nut thing so you don't have that problem.

Patty