Well, my 7600 carbine came in and I am looking forward to mounting the scope tonight or tomorrow, as soon as I get some mounts. A very handy feel to it and I cycled several mags of loaded ammo through it snikety slick... The plastic stock looks, errr, plasticy but is a decent shape save for the cheek piece. The metal has matte finish has a coarse blasted feel to it and I like that.

I may add a thin pad to elevate my cheek a smidge. I will take a pix or 2 and try to post it comparing it to my Marlin 1894ss. The only pix now is:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=111429873

It is about an inch longer than the Marlin and they feel about the same weight.

A spare mag or 2, run a couple hundred rounds through it sighting the scope in 1.5" high at 100 and the irons at 50 and call it ready for duty this year. Hoping for decent accuracy with 150/165's and 180/200's.

Going to try core lokt's as they are about $6 a box after rebate and may try the Federal power shoks as well as they have a rebate too that are about $7 a box, post rebate. I will likely wait till after deer season this year to work up some loads it likes unless I stumble onto a good deal on bullets. It would be nice if it shot 125/130's well too, but I have set the accuracy bar pretty low expectation wise. I'd welcome any pet loads for a 30-06 7600 that any of you may have sussed out.

I am going to use this as my main gun for deer this year when my big bro and I head to Pa. and will be used as a spare/trunk gun/backup in the future. It may replace the 1894ss as my general purpose blaster if it shoots well. We shall see about that.

More to come...

Be safe

Patty

Last edited by achildofthesky; 10/22/08.