Well, I got back a bit ago from shootin the -06. Sent about 35 downrange on a cool day with about a 5 knot wind. Walking the shots into the bull at 25 yards, check again at 50 and on to 100. With the 2.5 scope the best group (3 shot) was right at 1.5" at 100yds. I shoot off my range bag (camera bag) and don't use a bag for the rear of the rifle but support the butt with my left hand. Shooting in this manner automatically ejects the empties. Pretty sure I can get it a bit better with a more shooting and if I put the 1.5x5 on there I am certain I can shrink the groups. I noticed shooting 2 groups back to back seems to open things a bit.

Both the 55gr and 56gr of IMR 4350 shot about the same. The 18 1/2" barrel was somewhat loud but not obnoxiously so. The recoil pad on the rifle was plenty good enough with the temps in the upper 40's but I am guessing it will be more harsh below freezing, but I could be wrong... Still recoil was not a problem at all off the bench. I could easily shoot a hundred rounds without a problem at all.

More later this weekend.

So far, so fun...

Be safe

Patty