I've been around and hunted with guys that use them for about 40 plus years. They have a well deserved rep for being reliable, more so than the 740 series when neglected or in bad weather. They are plenty accurate enough. That's 1.5-2.5 inches at 100 yds. with factory ammo.
The only "durability issue" has been with the magazines. Like all such designs, if you beat them up around the feed lips, they can malfunction.
They do have a few draw backs. I don't like their cross bolt safety as I prefer a safety that locks/disconnects the firing pin. I've never seen one with a "breaking glass rod" trigger. All of them have some creep.
You can live with all of this. A great trigger is very helpful for long, or tricky close shots, but many, including me, have learned you can get by with a 760 quality trigger.
If you hand load, you can't use really hot ammo, and you may need small base dies. To me, this is less of an issue than the above.
The only other point I might make is that, with a scope, they are a little heavy for my taste.
For the guy that has to take running shots, I'd say their fast second shot is a real asset. Many times, in spite of high quality scopes and trying to make only shots that are in the clear, I've had my bullets hit twigs and other cover. If that happens, the bullet flys off course, starts to expand and loose some of it's energy, or, worst of all, it starts tumbling. If any of this happens, you may well have a wounded buck. Therefore, the rule is keep shooting as long as you can until he's down. I can't make a bolt gun shoot nearly as fast as one of these.
I recently looked at a new 750. Really liked the stock finish. Might have to look at the latest 760/7600's.