Originally Posted by jerry46
Originally Posted by mogwai
I just had a 35 remington rechambered to 358. It shoots fine, but I can't put more than a couple rounds in the magazine. Load 3 or 4 and it spreads too wide to fit in the receiver. The magazines won't feed into the chamber when they are full, either.

Where should I bend or file to make this go away. BTW, it happens on 2 separate 308 magazines.

Mogwai,

I am having a similar problem. I just bought a new 7600 in .308 about 2 months ago. If I put more than two rounds in the magazine, when I work the slide, it will not lock forward. Someone said to get one of the old magazines. I did that and can hardley get it into the magazine well because it is so tight. I am sending it back to Remington for them to correct the problem. Otherwise I love the gun. It really shoots well.

Jerry

Well, I took the rifle to Gander Mountain, where I bought it, to see if this was something they could repair or if it needed sent back to Remington. They have two gunsmiths there, so I figured that one of them should be able to come up with an answer. One of the gunsmiths took the gun back into their safe room, filled the magazine with four rounds, and tried to work them through the rifle. It worked every time. Go figure. Hopefully it will continue to work because like I said before, I really like the gun and it shoots extremely well.

Jerry