Today, I am going to try and find a decent scope mount for the 7600 today and may settle for a standard rail from Weaver or leupold if nothing else jumps out at me. I really do want to use QD rings.

I was hefting the rifle again today, point and trying to use the open sights. Whelen Nut and oulufinn are right, it is difficult to impossible to get down on the irons with the synthetic stock at least... The comb catches up on the bottom of my cheekbone...

I took their recommendation and called remington this morning and spoke with a parts guy, not customer service. He confirmed that the 20ga stock (PN 202001) would fit and WAS the actual stock on the patrol/police rifle that has no comb rise. I had to ask about swapping and he giggled and said sorry we can't do that. Being the haggler I tried the tack of "any chance on a pro deal?" also the gambit of stating quite honestly I have bought 3 new Remington 700's in the past year and a half (BDL SS .338, BDL 25-06, Ti 30-06). He was looking at the part numbers and said hold a second.... He came back and asked if would I promise to send the present buttstock back if they sent me the one off the Patrol rifle (has sling stud installed too, yippee) with me paying the return shipping cost. I said absolutely I would. Very nice act of trust on Remingtons part. Very nice indeed.

While I had him on the line I ordered a couple of the sling swivel mounts that replace the fore end screw, 2 incase I stumble onto another rifle in the future for a smokin deal. This is the sling mount assembly from the patrol/police 7600. The part numbers if anyone is interested is: 202006 for the swivel mount assy/$5.40 and the spacer required for the swivel mount 202007/$3.00. Very inexpensive and proper for the rifle.

I am very pleased with the outcome of a simple call and have to give Remington 2 thumbs up for swapping the stock at no cost.

Be safe and remember that the answer to the unasked question is always no....

Patty

Last edited by achildofthesky; 10/23/08.