Originally Posted by SKane
Have two: 30.06 and 35 Whelen. Both are excellent in terms of accuracy, reliability and feeding. Both sport 1.5x5 Leupolds. And, I know this'll really stick in some knickers, but I put a tip-off mount on the Whelen and it's the perfect heavy timber sort of thing having never lost its zero.

Big supporter of the 7600 here - and I'm a bolt action guy. smile

I don't like lever guns, but 7600's are faster anyway. The 1.5X5X leupy is a helluva good choice for a fast-handling pump-rifle (or slug-shotgun). Magnifcation and field-of-view are excellent, along with the brand-name!

7600's and 7400's have a reputation for accuracy as good as some bolt-guns. Durability? Not bad, but how durable do you need? Don't know if I'd want one for a combat or dangerous game piece, but the .308 I had was solid and not-to-complicated of an action-rifle-hunting package design. I bought my gun to chop the barrel and make a truck-gun, but quashed the project when I couldn't find any reliable 10-rd mags. Was going to put a folding stock on it after cutting to 18inches. For a SHTF/walk-me-home weapon, I'd have liked it. But wanted more than 4rd mags. Decided to go with a modified Ishamore S.M.L.E.