Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I always carry a Ruger LCP .380 as my BUG in my right front pocket. I've also carried various S&W J-Frane snubbys in 38 sp. over the last 20 years. And I prefer to keep them in some type of soft pocket holster to keep the lint out of the guns action & barrel.

Several years ago, in Dallas, in the middle of the night, in a bad part of town, I was gassing up my truck as I was about to run out, when two baboons approached me suddenly. As I turned to face them, I stuck my hand in my right front pocket, a move they seemed to immediately recognize, and scuttled off in to the dark like a couple of big cockroaches. 😎

I had the same exact thing happen to me, except I was walking a lonely place in a large wooded park. One gnarly looking guy sees me from a couple of hundred yards distant and makes a b-line for me. When he got about twenty yards away, I squared towards him, put my hand in my front pants pocket, and gripped my NAA Mini Revolver. Just like you said, he knew exactly what I did, and I never even took it from my pocket. Just seeing me put my hand in my pocket completely changed his mind on whatever his plans were. He waved, turned around, and started walking the opposite way.