Originally Posted by 41magfan
I'd be interesting in knowing who amongst you (non LE folks) carries a gun AT LEAST 10 hrs a day (uninterrupted - the gun never comes off), 7 days a week. If you carry less than that, please do not reply. If you do, I'd be interested the following:

1. What do you carry?
2. Where do you carry it?
3. What do you do for a living?

Conditionally, my answer is yes, I do. During the school year, I cannot carry at work, but at every other time, I do. Certainly all summer, all day, every day. Weekends, and all breaks from the school schedule, it's carried all day, everyday. On work days, seven or eight hours of carry is the norm. The gun is almost always a Glock 17 in an El Paso Saddlery C-Force IWB. On rare occasions, it's switched out for a Glock 43 in the same carry mode. The most recent example where I switched to the 43 was when, last week, I went to the blood lab for a blood draw on doctor's orders. Other examples are visits to the dentist. The reason: I'm sitting next to someone in close contact with me for an extended period of time, and don't want any possible printing to prompt a conversation about what's under the shirt. Another example where the 43 would get the nod would be social gatherings where hugging might be a normal greeting.

If you think carrying a serious handgun on the belt is a problem, you haven't made much of a serious effort to figure out how to do it. It's quite comfortable when done right, even with a full service-size handgun. For years I carried a full sized 1911 and for other years I carried a steel K-Frame S&W revolver. Admittedly, the steel 1911 became a bit of a burden on hot days where I was engaging in a lot of outdoor activity, which is one reason I don't carry it anymore. I'd still be carrying the steel K-Frame (Model 13) if it weren't for a desire for greater capacity. It was 100% comfortable carried IWB all day.