Originally Posted by 41magfan
I'd be interesting in knowing who amongst you (non LE folks) carries a gun AT LEAST 10 hrs a day (uninterrupted - the gun never comes off), 7 days a week. If you carry less than that, please do not reply. If you do, I'd be interested the following:

1. What do you carry?
2. Where do you carry it?
3. What do you do for a living?

1.Primarily a Shield in 9mm.
2.IWB right hip, Blade Tech holster.
3.I'm a mechanic basically.

I put the Shield on when I get dressed and unless I go to the PO, it doesn't come off till I go to bed. That means all day at work crawling around on tractors, trucks or cars, play (I shot a steel challenge match today and still carried the Shield), church or whatever. Now I do have an Airweight 38 that I carry in a custom Kydex holster, usually IWB on my hip when I run and I did buy a HPG kit bag for when I'm on longer runs such as training for a marathon due to everything else I have to carry.

I sometimes carry the Shield in either a T-shirt with a built in holster or soft shoulder holster rig if I need to tuck my shirt in for church, funerals, weddings or such. I wear Wrangler jeans and pocket carry in them is out of the question. I guess I could wear cargo shorts and pocket carry in those but I promise you my draw time will be quicker with my IWB holster.