My snubby is in my non dominant front pocket each day, and a hand casually placed in a front pocket does not draw attention from most people. With just a modicum of situational awareness, combined with a proper pocket holster and pants with pockets that are conducive to pocket carry, it really is not hard to produce a J Frame from a pocket and get hits on target in under 2 seconds, with just a little practice. Of course that means you actually have to practice, and not just talk about it.

These are slow fire groups BTW, and I was shooting to note the difference between irons and laser sighted fire.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As an aside, In the 90s, while doing uniformed patrol work I figured out (was shown the technique and the reasons why by an LE mentor) that a J Frame carried on the ankle was the way to go for me. I could get to it quickly while seated in the car, for dealing with unknown contacts, who would unexpectedly approach the window of your car.

It was blatantly obvious if you drew your service auto, by your body movements, and that would draw complaints. Just a slight bend forwards would allow me to slip the J Frame into my hand, and then either have it pointed at the person, or slid under my thigh, until I determined their intent/threat level, etc. Obviously the vast majority of the times they were just normal people, with normal issues, or wanting to visit, complain, etc. Twice in the career, I pointed the J Frame at Ne'er Do Wells, while simultaneously exiting my vehicle. Neither time it was fired. Both times, scumbags who thought they had the upper hand, with me being "trapped" in my car, were both shocked at the turn of events.

I owe thanks to an older LE mentor/ USPSA buddy for showing me that technique early on, and have passed it on to many in the business.

My J Frame is very rarely a primary gun. Its role is as a second/BUG, but every now and then it has to serve the role as primary. Not ideal, but there are times and places where options are limited. Around the house when I may not be carrying a regular carry piece, the J Frame works quite well in the pocket for answering the door/managing unknown contacts. If there is not time to tuck my regular CCW type pistol under my shirt, I simply slide a hand into my non dominant pocket and answer the door.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com