Was 66deg when I went to work at 5:45 this am. Working away in the shop and we hear the south wind stop, then all the sudden it turns out of the north and comes a hammering down on us. Dropped from 60 something to 27deg in less than a half an hour and was raining buckets quickly switching to freezing slush. So I got to feed this evening in the screaming north wind with ice all over everything, thank god for the tractor shed so the seat was dry. Cows were happy to have a double up on cake and an extry bale. I was happy to get back into a warm pickup. Made me think of you guys up north for a minute. Supposed to be a second helping of this schit coming tomorrow. We could sure use the rain we been getting, we just prefer it stay liquid.

As a side note I was thinking about while I was rolling out a bale today. All my life my Grandad has worn hearing aides and been pretty deaf, he claims and likely rightly so, that it’s from riding open cab tractors forever. Yet when he bought a brand new JD a few years back he insisted on cabless and I noticed today that the dang thing doesn’t even have a muffler on the stack, it’s loud as hell even in the wind. Guess he’s not worried about hearing loss anymore.