Yeah calving is in full gear up here too Sam. We live about 100 miles inland near the border in BC, so we're in the mountains. This weekend we decided to head over the pass and into the dry open country in the interior, clear the winter cobwebs and get some of the moss loose from behind the ears wink We took backroads and did like a 200 mile loop, the wife and I and the dogs we had a good time.

Probably saw 200 brand new calves along the way it was a nice day around 50 degrees. These outfits had them outside with lots of fresh bedding, decent looking nurseries and an easy go this day. We were zipping along drinkin it all in and I glanced up the road at a cow working her front end back and forth, there was just a glimpse through the brush as we passed and I could see she was actually chest deep in mud. My wife says that cows stuck! I think so too I said. I got stopped did a 3 point cop turn on the two lane highway looking around at hundreds of cattle in every direction wondering WTF anyone to do with the outfit might be. No sign of any buildings and I couldn't remember where the hell the last was. Thinking this could be a chit show here... pulled along side the cow a couple minutes later and just as we got there she kind of rolled and got a front hoof on the dry and pulled herself a bit, bit more scrambling and out she came. The boss said good karma fixed that one, maybe she's right.

Did another back road that ends up a mile high plus on a huge plateau. I think I'd taken it once eons ago, I was a kid. Anyways I didn't know but there's wild horses up there. There's a big mine up there, they're attracted to all the grass from the reclamation work. Signs say the mine opened in the 60s but the horses were there long before. Saw about 8 of them right off the road was pretty cool.

Anyways looks like the ranches are having an easier go than you guys, snows completely gone in the valley bottoms and that's where all the stock are right now. Hopefully you guys catch some nice sunny days like the other day soon.