Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Probably because the cost of living has increased by quite a bit in recent years. people can't afford to take a lot of time off.

I don't know, those boys wanted to hunt the Northwoods. One group I knew at one time bought a couple hundred Northwood acres back around 1920 with no road into it. So, they cut their own for around 12 miles, thru State land I might add, try that today. Now they had to take a train which got them only close. The train dropped them off next to the closest road and then a farmer and his mule wagon took them up the mountain and down into the valley on the road they cut and to their land. Stayed in tents until they could get a cabin built. After a couple weeks it reversed and the farmer left them off to wait for a train to take them back to Wilkinsburg.

Eventually the road they cut became the only road up to the top of the mountain. The land they bought is now surrounded by State Forest and the State tried for years to get them out. Eventually a few of them became connected and the State gave up. The camp has been rebuilt a couple times and is top shelf. Most of the new crew are out and gone by Tuesday.

Last edited by battue; 04/17/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler