Except for one, sounds like a N.M. meeting.

Mule deer are struggling in N.M. for sure.

Funny that hunters rarely want to discuss drought and the effect on fawn birthrate and recruitment. Easier to blame a person.

Originally Posted by T_Inman
These threads remind me of some WGFD and MFWP meetings that I have been to.

Some hunters insist that if only more predator control happened, mule deer wouldn't have their current population problem.
Others insist that if only the game commission use a lifetime of outdoor knowledge instead of university "knowledge", mule deer wouldn't have their current population problem.
Others insist that if only a 3 point minimum rule be implemented, mule deer wouldn't have their current population problem.
Others insist that they simply want to hunt and shoot the first buck they see, even if it is a 2X2. They don't care about trophies.
Others insist that if a only unit be made into a draw for non residents, mule deer wouldn't have their current population problem.
[b]Others insist that if only does were protected, mule deer wouldn't have their current population probl[/b]em.
Others insist that if only more roads were closed to UTVs, mule deer wouldn't have their current population problem.
Others insist that more roads be opened up so that they can ride their UTVs around the mountains more.
Luckily, not a one has bitched about lost traditions, that I have heard at least.

I just sit back and listen, happily thinking about the dozens of mule deer bucks I see each season, and the 4x4 bucks I end up taking each season, despite changes in season dates and regs. I am happy knowing that hunters in general know what is best for herds, and for the future of hunting in general.

Life is good...