Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by Hectortwsp

You have that correct a real cluster f'k brought about by the peopl;e we hire to manage the game animals hence shut them down and reform, that is the only way out of it.

Another bring them down, without any ideas on how to correct the preceived problems.

What would you have the new crew do different. Shut Deer season down a few years so the herd can build up? Eliminate Doe tags? How about the decline in Ruffed Grouse numbers? What would be your suggestions to the new directors and what experience do you have so they may think you know what you are talking about? After all you want them to represent you. What experience do you bring to the table so your suggestions also represent me.
Grouse numbers are plummeting all over the NorthEast. Don't know as there's anything the GC or anybody else can do about it. Last article I read about it, NYDEC thinks it's west nile virus that's killing them off.

West Nile is the current reason for blame. The GC here injected Grouse eggs with West Nile and guess what? The chicks had west nile. Well, you inject embryos with an infection and one shouldn't be all that surprised the offspring pops out infected. We have the habitat, but the Grouse are sliding. Our GC doesn't currently know why, but perhaps when they are all fired and out the new crew will.

Deer is the problem most here in Pa. have. Yet I have friends who somehow manage to kill a Buck almost every year. It is rare when they don't. They do it on public and private land. Some with a bow, and some with a rifle and I suspect they will do the same if the season starts on Saturday. Somehow they even manage to get one in the middle of the week, regardless of what day the season would open. Something is going on and it isn't fair that others can't do the same. Therefore it is imperative the GC needs a house cleaning.

Last edited by battue; 04/21/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler