Add me to the "Burn the vipers nest crowd". All too easy for someone from out of Pa. to comment whom is not affected by the opener switch, yet when I comment about the cost of non resident tags in western states they reply "stay home we do not need nor want you just keep paying $850 for a deer tag while I pay $12".
My big issue and one not many outsidrs are aware of is the suggestion for date switch (support by his going public with his comments) came from a sole Comissioner supported by his buddies on the Board for political reason, to allow his own college age children and his brother's college age kids to be able to hunt deer on the Saturday post Thanksgiving...pretty self serving I would say! Then when a poll by the PGC themselves of hunters DID NOT SUPPORT the switch took ANOTHER POLL with even a larger amount NOT SUPPORTING a date switch the BOC made the switch anyway. Said Comisssioners exerted enough pressure on 4 other members of the BOC to get his way....THAT IS PLAIN BULL SCHIT!! and the embedded members of this board with vested interests for a switch are doing their best to sell their viewpoint to anyone whom will listen. They have the ear of the naive and the greedy who see another Saturday to hunt while not being sage enough to realize what has happen with the politics.
The poster (s) whom suggest disbanding the PGC and the PFBC and reforming as one unit have it correct. To those nay sayers I ask just why do you think most every other state has just one agency with elected members vs. political appointees.