Thoughts of that nature are usually brought on by a personal traumatic experience. Have you lost a loved one lately? Gone through a divorce? Been bit by a dog (or a cat)? Had to buy a new car and still having a hard time catching your breath from sticker shock?

If reloading is becoming a chore, IMO you're doing it wrong.... one of the reasons I reload (besides being a cheap bastid and trying to save enough money to shoot more) is to relax and concentrate on something besides my problems. And having several different rifles gives me a change of pace for reloading and shooting at the range, out in the grasslands/forests, and hunting... I also hope to teach my son to reload so he carries on the tradition- but at 41 he still isn't showing much interest so I think I've missed the boat on that one...

But, hey, if life has become too much to handle you should definitely get rid of everything and just start over with a (gasp) .270 or a (gasp, gasp) 6.5 Creedmore and just become the hunter you always wanted to be. We'll be here to support you (kind of) in any decision you make and ridicule you when you change your mind but that is the nature of the beast, right?

Be prepared for the inevitable suggestions on what rifle is best, what scope you need, which factory ammo to buy, what store to buy from, etc.....

Good luck and rest in peace whatever decision you make... I'm sure there will be a petition soon being circulated for you to turn in your man card...

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.