Originally Posted by Dogshooter
I had a buddy (who’s currently serving 14 months in work release) tell me the other day..... “in jail it’s not Gay Sex.... it’s just Sex”.... I laughed my ass off. But, it seems pretty appropriate for the .270 Win.

Jordan.... you are somewhat correct... for a long time, I was more of a shooter than a hunter. I enjoyed it a lot, I wanted to be able to hit schitt way out there. I got to that point... and I shot thousands and thousands of rounds over a 10 year period. In the last couple years.... I’ve probably only shot 300 +/- rounds total (of CF ammo).

My “shooting” stage has payed tremendous dividends in the field.... and has allows me to help countless other folks extend their ability to hit stuff too.... including my kids and wife and brothers. It brought me tremendous joy to watch kids, and old ladies, and non-believers pound on steel WAY beyond normal ranges.

I’m enjoyed my time as a “shooter”.... but I’ve really enjoyed the “hunting” side of things. I know the two aren’t mutually exclusive.... but sacrificing one, allows for gains in the other... at least going forward.

I’m pretty convinced that a yard sale is forthcoming.... I’ve just learned through experience... to let decisions such as this simmer for a while.... before pulling the trigger (pun intended).

Shooting a few PRS-style matches every year will prolong your "shooter loony-ism" for quite some time smile It's a blast- addictive even.

But I understand being a hunting loony, as well. I consider myself to be about 50:50, and go through phases where one side tugs harder than the other, just like a lot of guys here.