Originally Posted by Elvis

What are you going to shoot in the next big ammo/component shortage? Do you think there won't be another one? I'll bet you wish you still had your press, cases, 25lb of powder etc etc etc.

How quickly people forget.

Picked up another brick of .22 short yesterday, giving me 2,000 rounds on the shelf. To that you can add about 14,000 rounds of .22LR and .22WM. Can't say how many thousands of bullets and empty cases are in my reloading room, but thre are a lot. And, at a recent count, there was about 80 pounds of powder and about 20,000 primers.

During the last shortage it took me 3 months to get the components or ammo I needed for a .380 PPK I purchased. Bricks of .22 were going for as much as $150 each, asking price, and I saw a Dad buy one for $125 so he could take his son shooting. I found myself shooting most stuff very conservatively during the shortage and that sucked. My plans are to continue to purchase components and .22 shorts when I find them at good prices, and maybe even loaded .223/5.56, 9mm and .45ACP in bulk when the prices are right..

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.