@OP, No you ain't crazy. Just moving from the "collecting things" phase into the "collecting memories" phase...

Set aside the family heirlooms, and the rifles that I have given to children and grand children who do not have a safe place to store them... I am down to a single LH .22lr that will do everything I need to do. A single LH 12 ga shotgun that will do everything I need to do. I have a single LH centerfire bolt rifle that COULD do everything I need to do. However, am self aware enough to know that I will never willfully get down to one LH centerfire rifle. Am I reducing? Yes. Am I intentionally resisting buying rifles that I find interesting? Yes. However, being realistic, I will never winnow down to one.

As I have said many times before, I like to tinker with firearms. I have multiple projects going at most times. It is what I do as a hobby. And, I am focusing on spending more time shooting and hunting. Middle daughter did not care to shoot while growing up. Last year, she shot her first round of sporting clays at a company outing. Found out she kinda likes it. One of my projects for the past year has been setting up a 20 ga Rem 11-87 to fit her. Gave it to her as a B-Day present at the end of her company shoot last week.

No need to get down to one and only one CF rifle. However, at the stage in my life where collecting additional memories to go with the firearms is more important than collecting additional firearms.