I am in the editing stage for sure. I used to have a long list of handguns that I thought would be awesome to own. Owned a lot of them eventually but lost interest. I am down to a small semi-auto for daily carry, a ruger single six, and a three screw Blackhawk .357. I don't miss the others.

I used to like variety in my shotguns and have owned some good ones. I loved shooting 28s. I am down to an o/u 20 gauge for upland birds on nice days and a 12 gauge pump for everything else. I don't miss the others.

I am still pretty slutty in the rifle department as I am probably about 60-70% hunter and 30-40% rifle shooter. Lately I have been gravitating towards accurate factory rifles with enough character that they hold little retail value. One of the best shooters I own is a rough old 700 varmint in .223 that is missing a bunch of finish and has had the barrel setback at least once by the previous owner. That rifles shoots several types of factory ammo around 1/2 moa without any fuss at all. It rides in my truck all fall/winter and I don't feel bad when I abuse it. I handload for lots of rifles but can't justify it for the .223 when the cheap stuff shoots great and kills stuff just fine.

I have a stainless Mark II Ruger .270 that was bedded in a laminate stock. With the first handload I tried (130 NBT over H4831) It shot at least as well as my blueprinted 700s with high end barrels, expensive stocks, and good triggers. Makes you scratch your head sometimes. For a lot less money I could buy 5-10 used factory rifles, shoot them, keep the winners and ditch the losers.

If I ever got serious about downsizing my rifle collection it would be Ruger 77/22 skeleton, Ruger 77/17 Laminate for ground squirrels, Rem 700 Heavy .223 for P Dogs/Coyotes, Ruger 77 Skeleton .300 Win for big game. I could probably ditch one of the rimfires and still have North America covered just fine.