Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I eventually want to get down to 4 big game rifles and one 22. Shotguns, I have more then I ever need or use but I won't sell any one of them.

Flip side of the coin. I have three shotguns- a Remington 870 , an Iver Johnson Firearms and Bicycle Works break-open my maternal Granddad had when he married Grandma in 1921, and a double barrel of Chinese extraction that I bought for wife to use for home defense. Rarely shoot any of them but don't really care as I'm not an active bird hunter and haven't been for nearly two decades.

Rifles, I have quite a few, including 3 AR types (Wylde, .300 BLK and .308 Win)I don't shoot because I hate brass catchers and chasing brass. No plans to get rid of any of them for a while (years) and in fact am working on a Savage refinish and rebarrel. Don't have time to shoot them all and don't even try. The best I can do is cycle through a couple every hunting season and take extras along during practice sessions.

Have a bunch of handguns. Like the rifles and shotguns, I don't have time to shoot them all.

Someone mentioned getting what you want of the guns they are getting rid of. Most of mine will go to my girls and grandkids. In any case, I've had my fun with each of them and have been well recompensed for the price of admission. smile

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.