Originally Posted by Elvis

What are you going to shoot in the next big ammo/component shortage? Do you think there won't be another one? I'll bet you wish you still had your press, cases, 25lb of powder etc etc etc.

How quickly people forget.

Let’s see.... I’ll still shoot the schitt out of the rimfire.... there’s about 50,000 rounds in the garage.

At the rate I’ve been shooting.... a case of ammo will last me 4-5 years. I’ve got some pretty solid hook-ups in the industry, so at the first sight of another “shortage”... I buy another case... or two.

I’ve also got about 2 dozen pards with reloading gear that I bet I could bum for a case of cheap beer.

Originally Posted by jackmountain
Dogshooter, the biggest hurdle is getting your $$ out of guns right now. Or even close. Be prepared to take less than what you'd hoped. Other than that, I'd say you're spot on.

Already got what I was in the 6 Creed.... and the 7 Mag stayed in the family.... just incase I ever decide I want it back. I also just got back an old M70 .30-06 I had totally forgotten I’d loaned out (to my BIL). I’ll keep that rifle in the closet, Incase the SHTF, or someone else needs a loaner. Some of the loading stuff is already gone too.... I feel lighter already. I got out of custom rigs years ago.... most of my stuff is factory, or semi-custom... all bought/built for dimes on the dollar.... again, it helps to have connections.

Thinking I may go Fieldcraft 7/08 or Creed.... still trying to decide. Or.... maybe a pair of 6.5 Creeds... one for me, the other for my son who turns 12 this year and just drew his first Mule deer buck tag.... he’ll probably have a buck Antelope tag in WY too.... he could shoot that rifle forever, at pert’near everything.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......