Dogshooter –

Condolences – hope you get well soon!

At the current time I reload for about 19 cartridges. To inventory my powder I stack it up on the pool table by type, then take a photo. About 80 pounds worth. About 20,000 primers and untold thousands of bullets and empty cases are in my reloading room. At last count I also had about 15,000 .22’s in Short, Long Rifle and Magnum. (Still looking to add more Short.)

A few weeks back I was approached by someone wanting to buy my Marlin 375 (.375 Winchester). In response, I added up the replacement cost of the bullets, brass and bullets, upgrades to the rifle (sights, trigger, etc.) and dies. The total was just over $1,000. All of that would have had to go with the rifle, which wasn’t included in the total. I was shocked and think the potential buyer was as well. When my wife asks what all the reloading stuff is worth, I just play dumb.

Fortunately, I have a lot of loaded ammo on the shelf. As jwall says, it isn’t costing anything and prices are not going down. While I still enjoy heading down to the reloading room to work, it isn’t something I do every day. Mostly I load to replace what I shoot (which isn’t nearly as much as I would like).

Got daughter #1 a used Rem M700 in .270 Win, which she will use for elk and deer this fall. Turns to to really like 150g ABLR over H100 at a little over 2900fps. Development, of course, required purchasing dies and bullets. Oh, well. smile

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.