Perhaps.

The Nosler Ballistic app shows a129 ABLR started at 2450 maintains the required 1300 fps for that bullet to 925 yard. Energy is down to under 500 ft lbs. At 575 yards the energy is 804 ft lbs, enough for me, and velocity 1673.

I had a bunch of those, but sold them to a member here, prematurely it seems, since another Grendel is in the pipe. I believe that bullet is pretty popular with users of other 6.5s as well. Only 6.5 slug "in stock" here is some 100gr TTSXs, which don't look great on paper, but which I've read good things about as deer bullets. At the ranges I experience here they should be dandy, and reliable on tough stuff if needed.

Not bothering to look up the 6.8 as I did that before, and was convinced that within 200-300 yards the difference between the two was insignificant, and beyond that the Grendel starts to pull away, especially as to wind deflection. No matter to me as it's been a looong time since I was offered a shot at a deer at over 200 yards.

The market seems to have spoken in favor of the Grendel, but by all means follow your notions.

What fresh Hell is this?