well yonder, i know what you mean. i've been eating baloney sammiches for a cpl years now and prolly will be for the rest of my life.

something i've noticed reading forums. lots of feelings wrapped up in a gun, caliber, bullet etc. causing illogical comments. i shot an animal and he was drt so my gun is the best. oh yea, well i shot one and he ran off with my bullet in his brain so that gun sux. how many shots would actually be required to produce any statistical confidence in a particular test? one of my favorite 'facts' is... hogs never charge. you were just standing in their path they were trying to get away. well you may have shot 10,000 hogs and never been charged once. but that doesn't mean they never charge. another may have hunted once and got charged. hmmm.

something i've noticed shooting hogs of all sizes with many calibers, and bullets is hogs have a funny way of deciding for themselves when they want to die. some don't go down when they should and vice versa.

i'm shooting a ham'r because a buddy is a prostaffer for wilson combat, he asked me to test it and i ended up keeping it. before that i shot a 6.8 and settled on 120gr sst bullets. i know killers who shoot the grendel with great success. same for 7.62x39, 308, wildcats etc ad nauseam. they all kill and they all have escapees. what i don't get is why people give a crap who shoots what and why. if it's to learn something, great. if it's to bitch, geez... how pathetic.

the advantage i see to the ham'r is it certainly is (in my opinion) a more effective killer on hog sized game at night time distances than a 223 or the blackout. the advantage over the grendel and 6.8 is it truly is a barrel change (and gas tube) from a 223. and if you just happen to prefer 30 cal holes in your quarry, well there you go.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]