Originally Posted by djones

as far as the 130 grain hot core... bill wilson recommends them and uses them almost exclusively for hog hunting. he also took quite a bit of african game with them and some 150gr varieties. some of my best multiple kills were with the 130s. they're good killers but i just like trying different stuff and seeing for myself. i'm shooting the 125gr tnt because i like the destructiveness of a 30cal varmint bullet at hamr speeds. i'm running them at over 2600 fps. i think his factory loads are around 2550?? anyway... here are some 130s at work.

Thanks for the reply.

I've used a bunch of those 125gr TNT in 300 Blk and bigger stuff. They are a good bullet, especially for as cheap as they are. They're pretty explosive out of a 308 or bigger, but at 300 Blk speeds act more like a hunting bullet and I wouldn't hesitate to use one on deer. I imagine out of that Hamr you're probably getting some fragmentation but still decent penetration, and that's a great combo.

I like the TNT bullet line. They aren't a high b.c. bullet but they're cheap and accurate for plinking and vermin (also have used lots of the 6mm 70gr on sage rats at 3750-3900 fps, talk about pink mist...) and have always been good killers for me when used appropriately. I recently bought some in 20 cal, only 10 cents per bullet!

Last edited by Yondering; 12/06/19.