Last video was entertaining, for sure. That kind of night shooting is a hoot. Wish I got to do it more than once a blue moon. Unless you're gonna use monos, I don’t see the 223 being as good for the steep angles and anchoring runners, as the 6.5/6.8/30s.....then again, it might be splitting hairs and easier/faster on splits for multiples, too. I don’t get to hammer in to hogs in those kinda numbers more than maybe once a year, though I spend a lot of time behind some thermals.... that unfortunately don’t video.....or I’d have some cool coyote footage, with an occasional hog probably thrown in. All I mainly get to do is varmint defense, and my shots need to be inside of 150, due to the nature of clipons and parallax error sometimes. The Ham’r intrigues me, and I’ll probably build another Grendel, but it’s as much the build as the caliber, and I have a particular 6.8 that’s my magic wand for a hunting AR.....90gr gold dots at 3k or 110 NABs past 2600 seem to do just fine for what I need. I don’t know why anyone competent would take issue with a good Grendel bullet being able to kill well at 3-400. I don’t know why anyone competent would take issue with thinking some things might be better suited for hunting past 300.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 12/06/19.