Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Haven't read the whole thread but I see no reason a 95 grain V-Max wouldn't work at Grendel velocities on deer or similar sized animals.

Maybe even a 100 grain Ballistic Tip or 120 Sierra.

You are correct -

There is also no reason for Grendel guys to say it’s better than the 6.8 SPC or the 300 Hamr... but then again they weren’t being honest with themselves to begin with smile

Get over your bad self. Do you really want to put yourself in the same group with dla?

It's hard to respect the opinion of someone who has to piss on a particular cartridge because they prefer something else. These "Chevy vs Ford" / "my cartridge is better than your cartridge" arguments are pretty juvenile, and demonstrate a general ignorance about the topic.
Any of those cartridges, and a bunch of others, work fine on deer sized animals with the right bullets, and I don't think I've seen anyone here worth listening to that's saying the Grendel is the only right choice. On the other hand, there seem to be several fanboys like yourself of other cartridges, specifically the 6.8, who think they have to talk crap about the Grendel or 300 Blk or whatever else doesn't fit their preferences.

Last edited by Yondering; 12/09/19.