i have a few ar15s in 556 but mostly used them for plinking, varmints and predators. been shooting them way before all the cool bullets came out. i mostly buy average grade 52 to 68 grain stuff and see what's most accurate. don't really use them that much for hogs and don't have any experience testing lethality of the current premium bullets.

i used to kid a lot about the 223 not being able to kill a hog. it was always in fun but i learned emotion doesn't translate well in posts until feelings get hurt. still, i can't help but joke as i see it as all too funny. here's a case in point where i got called out, some of you were in this thread, best part is the last page, lol.

223 thread

one thing i like about the hamr is it's the most accurate ar i've ever had. of course wilson is all about accuracy, so it's no surprise his guns use match grade barrels.

as far as the 130 grain hot core... bill wilson recommends them and uses them almost exclusively for hog hunting. he also took quite a bit of african game with them and some 150gr varieties. some of my best multiple kills were with the 130s. they're good killers but i just like trying different stuff and seeing for myself. i'm shooting the 125gr tnt because i like the destructiveness of a 30cal varmint bullet at hamr speeds. i'm running them at over 2600 fps. i think his factory loads are around 2550?? anyway... here are some 130s at work.