It was quite likely that he could do it. He used to practice daily with 45ACP produced at his Armoury during WW2. Supposedly one of the Brass came in and told him that his guns weren't up to spec. He grabbed one on the assembly line went out to the range and proceeded to hit targets out to 300 yards. He spent much of his youth shooting handguns in the field so it is not as farsighted as would be thought.

I shot a mulligan moose near a pond that was alongside of the Denali Highway when I was in high school. It was at about 150 yards and I had a key marked line on the gun and aimed it above the shoulder. It hit the moose in the shoulder and through the heart and completely knocked him over. It was very early in the morning (4:30AM) and I was very well versed with using the Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Rem Mag with Garrett style harden lead 325 grain bullets at 1350 FPS. I had DLPed a Grizzly earlier that Summer with it. I has also shot several owls and foxes that had attempted to kill our chickens. I didn't have a rifle on me and the little bull was in the right place to butcher(out of the water on a flat).

I don't claim to be a great pistolero. I would have shot it with a rifle everytime if I had one present. But it was the right tool in the hand and the right opportunity and I bet that was Keith's take on it.

Last edited by kaboku68; 02/24/20.