Interesting thing about Elmer Keith is he was even in a movie. It was a commercial for some outdoor project and it showed some men rafting down a wild river, then later in a camp. The whole thing was maybe 30 seconds long but I'll bet money the little guy with the tall hat and sixgun was no other than Mr. Keith himself. It looks like the film was when he was doing river runs with captain Guleke.

I have made a few, very few longer range shot with the .44 Magnum but probably the two I remember best was one, we were hunting jackrabbits at night and spotted one about 100 yards out in the headlight. The rabbit wasn't spooked and the near eye was glowing like a diamond in bright sunlight. I used the window sill of the truck as a rest and joked with my buddy saying, I'm gonna put that bullet right in his eye. Damned if I didn't do exactly that. The other was while on an elk hunt up on the Olympic Pennnsula. One of the group was a retired judge who absolutely hated handgun in any way shape or form. He said nobody could hit anything past ten feet. WE were on a hill looking down at the Humptulips River and I said to the judge, "$100 says I can come really close to the limb of the tree that's in the water. The splash of the bullet hitting the water will tell how far off I might be." He said a handgun won't even shoot that far. Long story short, I clipped that branch on the first shot and the asked the judge, "You want to go double or nothing?" He declined but did pay me the $100 for the shot.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE