I grew up reading Elmer when I was a boy in Iowa. Fortunately my Dad sold his shop and moved us to Alaska in 1965 so I could eventually get my own .338 Win. Mag. and S&W .44 Mag. and good cigars. Thank you Elmer once again for the stories. If Elmer said it happened that is good enough for me.

Next time I am in Idaho and some one can show me where the shot was made I will laser range find it. Once I verify it if some one will loan me a .44 and furnish the ammo I will devote and afternoon to trying to hit a like size target and share the results here. Bring lots of ammo if I'm doing the shooting.

I should pull out my old "Hell, I was there" book and read it again. Elmer did some hunting in the Slana River area about the time we started building my parents home by the Slana River. Oh Lord, how I miss those days and the freedom and listening to the old guides stories. Bill Alice, Don DeHart, Doc Taylor, Bud Conkle, Maynard Perkins, Duncan Gilchrist, Keith Johnson, Roy Biffel and the old guide from England, Harry Boyden was still alive down the road. So sorry I was to stupid young to go meet and talk to him.

I better strap my S&W .44 Mountain Gun on and have a cigar.