Papag - re: handgun accuracy you mention, I have a target I shot back in college when I had my 10" 30-30 with 2x Leupold. One day, just for curiosity, I shot a 3-shot group with some 150 Corelokt factory ammo, even though I reloaded....at 50 yds on sandbags.

Folks would not believe it, and I probably would not had I not done it and seen it, but those 3 shots, factory ammo, at 50 yds with a 2x, made a LITTLE BITTY Cloverleaf. I measured it once, best I could.....IIRC it was under .2" C-T-C......literally a 3-shot cloverleaf barely bigger than the little 30 cal holes from those roundnose bullets. Sure makes one question why they reload.....

I never attempted to repeat that group...but on to someone's post above about Coyotes, one day I was driving thru the country, and a Yote was jumping around in the ditch, I stopped quickly, it took off across a muddy cotton field which had been cut down. The field was muddy....I had a Ruger 5.5 MK II target model that I owned since high school (Dad got if for me). I jumped out of the car, racked the slide to chamber a round, and fired a shot over the top of the car while that dog was running way at an angle, I hit low, quickly adjusted my Kentucky windage, and shot over the 2nd shot, by now the dog was about 70 yds running as fast as he could.......and my 3rd shot connected at the base of the skull. He rolled DRT. That all happened WAY Faster than I typed this one sentence! Lol. I have a pic of that dog, with my Ruger in one hand, a wet muddy dog in the other. He was about half grown, not a lot bigger than a mature fox, but that was yet another 'memory' I have of my days when I did quite a bit of handgunning.

Wish I had that on video, it all happened faster then you can imagine....I was shooting 2-hand hold of course, open sights, resting over the top of the car. Afterwards, I realized I locked the door on that old 79 Caprice, with my first born in the back seat sleeping....someone came along in a few minutes and we unlocked it, they took that pic I have. It was a neat moment......my fave Coyote kill.