Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
One thing to add, the buck in question was shot with a .300 H & H and 180 Rem. Core loke... The bullet did NOT bounce off, nor did it blow up.. It hit but did not open up.. Just a pencil hole though the animal.. As I remember the incident, Keith did not realize his shot killed the buck, until his son cut some chops from it a month after killing and brought the base cap from the Remington factory load and told Elmer where he found it.. Then he realize he had made the shot at this very long range..

Well maybe you have a source that says it was a Corelokt but in Hell,I was there on page 201 EK said it was a 180 gr needle-pointed Remington Spitzer and " Finally we parted the hair in the right flank and found where it had gone in" " Later I determined it blew up and lodged in the left shoulder". Page 201. MAYBE ek regarded the corelokt as a needle pointed Spitzer but I think that is how he referred to the Remington Bronze Point and he sure didn't have much use for them. One of the things I've all ways appreciated about EK was his ability to recall the details. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "