Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by jwp475
I'm not saying he didn't hit it, I'm just saying he stretched the truth a little when he claimed the bullet blew a hole all the way through it. Ain't much ooomph left at 600 yards out of a pistol. Couple hundred pounds of energy left, tops.

Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Don't compare a little .243 to a cast 44 slug.. You can tell who shoots and who doesn't..

You can tell who knows ballistics and who doesn't. That little .243 is totin over 3 times the energy at 600 yards that the 44 mag is. 😂😂

Don't let facts get in the way of a good arguement, carry on.

You right you can tell who knows and who doesnt and you don't.

You know what? I didn't bring up the .243 thing, you did. But, since we're talking about it, I want you to claim right here, right now, that you would rather use a 44 mag pistol over a 243 rifle to shoot a deer at 600 yards. Say it.

You are devoid of facts I never brought the 243 into this topic. You now change the discussion. The fact is that FPE is a poor indicator of lethality

You have to use some form of measurement when having a conversation, the two common ones are speed and energy. You and I both know there is not a lot left at 600 yards out of a 6" pistol. If I claimed I blew a hole through a deer at 600 yards with a 44, I'd be laughed off this site. EK says it, then it's the gospel. Never understood why people blindly follow someone. I am not denying what EK, JOC, and those type writers did for shooting and hunting half a century ago, but they were also bullsheitters, you gotta be to be a good writer. I just chose to call em on a little of their bullsheit.

I know a man that shot a wounded antelope around d 600 yards with a 240 Remington JSP the same load as Elmer and it blew a hole all the way through. FPE is not related to killing power. Momentum, direct applied force, velocity, and frontal area are the founding mechanisms. not FPE.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first