Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by koshkin
Burris XTR III scopes are made in the US
Burris XTR II scopes are made in the Phillipines
Burris Fullfield II scopes are made in the Phillipines
Burris Eliminator scopes are made in the Phillipines
Burris Fullfield IV scopes are made in China
Burris RT-5, RT-8 and Signature scopes are made in China.

I do not think Burris hiding the country of origin at all, so you can select based on your preferences.

It is not practical to build lower priced optics in the US, so noone does it. Burris actually builds a fair amount of stuff for the Steiner brand in the US. Somewhat paradoxically, I think there more Steiner branded products built in the US than Burris branded products.

ILya

If you go to the Burris website, select Fullfield IV for example, where's COO? Or their 2020 catalog highlighting the new China made muttherfuukers? Only reference to COO is the US Made XTRIII. No COO for their praised XTR Sig rings from Wuhan. They list FFII like its a great tradition then move right into FFIV, as if it is just more of a good thing.

I call bullchit on your statement above, Burris hides the COO of their products, plain and simple.

And so do their retailers.

It'd piss me off Royally to have bought a FFIV and see the MOC! Oh, fuuck I'd been pissed!

As others have said, I too was moving more towards Burris, however, this move to Communist China for 2020 new products is a deal breaker. Fuuck them if they continue the trend.

Didn’t you just buy a Sig RF that is MIC? wink

Kinda takes some of the oomph out of your rant.