I do much prefer to purchase something MiP than MiC. Folks in the Phil are not assigned jobs by the government, can go and do as they please, it's basically a Christian representative democracy etc. However, no welfare, no food boxes, no EBT.

Wife suggests not buying MiP due to the fact that business and government officials could readily be motivated to take negative shortcuts for bribes. The economics of MiC or MiP vs Made in the USA is not minor, it's likely huge and pays dividends for the manufacturer and their retailers. I don't think the US is the place for a company to pull off inexpensive quality optics production, but, any non-Com would be better than Com. (kudos to Leupold for trying) Burris, ime, was making totally adequate products, without selling out to China manufacturering this year.

Thanks for the discussion, as some are lost to the fact that is the forums purpose.

Originally Posted by jackmountain
Sounds like Boomer is letting his emotional connection to the Philippines/filipino's cause a bit of an over reaction.

I'll concede that, IMHO, the Govt In the Philippines is less likely than China to impact my life in a negative way, but if given the choice I'll choose an American job over a filipino job every day and twice on Sunday.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?