Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by 65BR
Before folks start claiming it's 'OUR Fault' for 'Demanding cheap goods' - let's stop and remember how all this started.

Corporate America wanted to increase margins, so offshored jobs and production.

As to say WalMart, Sam was proud to have signs all over the stores saying Made in the USA. He died, then his descendants took over....the rest is history.

Well, folks do not have a choice in all product categories to choose a USA made product.........but they do have a choice to buy or not buy a product for whatever reason they want.

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...on_sent_manufacturing_jobs_to_china.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/02/05/the-rise-of-made-by-china-in-america.html

https://www.cfr.org/timeline/us-relations-china

I agree. We didn't demand cheaper products from slave labor, we were told (advertisement) we wanted cheaper made products by the advertising the companies did. I'm old enough to remember how all that went down with companies wanting cheap labor and keep the prices the same. Eventually they had to lower the prices, [threw us a bone], because the john public was catching on.
Maybe folks in the last 30yrs. started demanding cheaper prices because they were well programmed.

I'm not so sure that foreign paid workers make a wage from US companies that equals the work performed. You can say it equals their countries average wage level, but what the hell does that mean? Paying slave labor wages is ok because that is the average income for the slaves in that country!
Originally we, the folks in this country, wanted to bring the World living standards up to our level, now we want to lower ours to 3rd World standards with many being ok with that.

K22 - the very end of your posts is VERY key.........as there has been a very big trend in a Global 'reset' in labor rates.........so yes, America has been falling, wages. The only way to hedge that, American consumers SUPPORT and BUY, MADE in the USA, made with American Citizens labor. Yes, prices will be a bit higher, but who can afford 'Cheap prices' if no one has a job left ? Sounds far fetched but it's been said often in the past few years, Automation, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics are going to replace 40% of the jobs in America in 10 years. If that hold true.....God help us all.........that weakens not only American's standard of living........but surely our nation as a whole, which weakens our Military over time, and so much more.

I say, like President Trump, America 1st. Sorry for whoever toes that hurts.......but it's how I feel in the country that currently is Free....

If we want our country to be like China, and we keep buying Chinese, we may well have their system of government.......only one election away.

As to Burris, I Loved that they were Made in the USA, when they all were...........and it seems to be a bit of a betrayal that yes, will piss on themselves for their decisions. Corporate bean counting is not always the best way to success.....there is a revival going on in America right now with patriotism.........going back to the Pride of products stamped MADE in the USA.......that are truly made here.

Folks who argue price......some may have many extra rifles they can sell to re-invest into quality optics, that are non-Chinese. Country of Origin to me, is a HUGE Deal. My .02

Last edited by 65BR; 09/25/20.