Bill Gates predicted that a pandemic would emerge in an article I found on weforum.org from September 2017. I wish I knew how to post it here. "greatest immediate threat to humanity" is how he described it. He is also known to believe that population excess is a huge threat (I agree). Right on cue the "pandemic" showed up, albeit a mild one that seems to primarily prey on the most expendable members of society. I am not accusing Bill of any complicity in this but it does seem he is positioned to profit mightily from it. With his alarm at the population numbers it causes me to wonder why he would involve himself in arresting the spread. I don't much believe he is altruistic.
Another thing I've noticed in this thread is the chronically ill folks on here hellbent on squeezing a few more years out of a seriously disabled existence. In a way that is kind of selfish. We happen to be the most expensive and least needed members of society. Now I'm not going to off myself, but I have the beginnings of right side heart failure and I've never had a flu shot or pneumonia shot and not going to take this one. The only problems I exhibit now is inability to climb hills without resting. I don't care to live until I'm an invalid or a nursing home patient. In 2 more years I'll be 70 and that's is about all you can expect.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."