Tried again to take the shot without success. This time I decided to wait till the line thinned a bit rather than go in at 3:00 AM to get in line for a drive through shot that started at 9 AM. All closed a half mile out when I went at 10. The traffic cop said that so many people were in line that they closed it off by 6:00 AM. I emailed the clinic to thank them for their good intentions but that the drive through is a disaster. I ain't going down there again. There has to be a better way. This drive through is limited to people over 70, and supposedly only from our small town, though I think there are a lot coming from elsewhere.

My math from published figures is that if I get covid at my age with my ailments, I have about 8% chance of dying. That's Russian roulette with a 12 cylinder, but only if and when I get the virus.. I expect to get it sooner or later. Am no more worried about it than I worry about crossing a street, but want to be prudent. If I were younger and healthier, like my son who says no way is he taking the shot, I'd wait a year or two at least to see what happens to the early guinea pigs.