Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by jimy
If you have never owned land , then .let your mouth runnnnn,,,

Just curious, but are you saying that you believe that a land owner has the right to kill people who are trespassing on private property?

Land owners should have the right to kill armed trespassers on private property. I've caught a few armed poachers years ago on our property. Now I just chase them and as long as they run off everything is good. I'd never shoot someone in the back, frontal shots only. What would you do if someone faced you off, on your property with a gun?

I back off, call the sheriff, and press charges. Hardly a year goes by that I don't end up in court over trespassing. I also always ask for a protection order against the trespassers if they are carrying firearms.

I cut down and cut up an average of five tree stands each year after I call the sheriff and they send a deputy to document the trespassing. I've even had people call me and complain that I tore down their stand without giving them the opportunity to remove it. I tell them that if their name and telephone number had been on the stand, I would have called them after I called the sheriff to report the trespassing.

The most annoying problem that I've had with trespassers was on a farm that we bought and the previous owners seemed to think that they had retained the right to give permission to their family and friends to hunt on "their" farm. OTOH when my Wife and BIL sold their family's ranch in CO, they wrote language into the terms of the sale so that they and their descendants would retain the right to trespass on that ranch in perpetuity, as long as the owner of record is given 24 hours advanced notice.