Originally Posted by texasbatman
Originally Posted by JamesJr
If I were going to shoot someone, I would not wait until I got around them to load my gun. My gun would have been loaded and ready when I got there.

I guided some deer and pig hunters from Indiana and Illinois. They came back in spring to turkey hunt. There were two of them that wanted to hunt together. They were partners in a business. One of them was bow hunting and the other was hunting with a shotgun. The gun hunter kept falling behind and I had to caution him a couple of times to keep his gun unloaded until we heard the birds. He wound up shooting two birds and the bow hunter got none. A few months later I got a call from the Illinois State Police. They were investigating the murder of the bow hunter and suspected the gun hunter of killing him. That was the last time I guided anyone. I have little doubt that the gun hunter intended to murder his friend while hunting down here but I kept messing up his plans. The only reason I had said something to the gun hunter is because he was walking behind us and loading his gun. The terrain was very hilly and rocky and I just wanted to make sure he didn't fall and have an AD. Had he been in front and loaded his gun I would have had him keep his chamber open. All he would have had to do close the chamber and fire twice. No way I could have reacted in time.

Jim

Dang. That’s spooky.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz