Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Sad deal.

I’ve been reading about it since it happened. Lots of stuff has been posted on other forums. Mainly speculation, so I’ll hold my opinions until more facts are revealed. Weird story, but I’m not buying the old man “walked out” of the lake.

Walked out? Doubtful, that's what cell phones are for.

I've read this last part of the story posted here told many ways, not sure what, if any part of it is true.

At best it has been Crabtree telling his story to a TBI detectice that has retold it to District Attorney Tommy Thomas, then Thomas supposedly re-telling it to a reporter then the reporter spinning what he believes he was told into a printable story.

Sooooo, lots of room there for errors and enhancements. The stories scream of local rumor being spun in with a couple facts.

For those that want to speculate, I'll throw you some bones.

TBI Has had Walnut Logging RD. Off 157 Closed for days while they work on this investigation.

Walnut Logging RD chases along the shore of the Upper Blue Basin section of Reelfoot Lake and ends at a boat ramp right where the Buzzard Slough section of Reelfoot Lake begins.

Vowell docked his boat almost every day at Blue Basin Cove Lodge. The Lodge owner, Jerry Jones Jr. has been interviewed multiple times, says he's known Vowell for 40 years. All he's saying is that on the day of the murders Vowell put in and never came back. His lodge is where they towed Vowells truck and trailer away from.

Blue Basin Cove Lodge is on the opposite shore of Upper Blue Basin that Walnut Logging RD. is on.

Not one story has said where Vowell's boat was found other that "the lake". Nosed into shore some where? Adrift? Idunno.

When authorities got to the scene of the murders Vowell was no longer there.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?