Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by EFHutton
I don’t believe he ask to hunt , I heard today they had been at odds since duck season started on the lake . Just not adding up

I'm a little reluctant to copy and post this, but I have been reading this thread since the story came out. This was copied from Arkansas hunting.net . I have no idea of the validity of the story. It is my understanding that if you "draw" a blind and are not in it at "shooting light" , that blind is available to whoever first come, first serve. This kind of sounds what may have happened.

"I read on another forum (only take as valid as it was said there to be valid) that it was said the ones shot and the shooter had a conflict about who was going to hunt the blind that morning. Per what was said, the older man was said to have had the draw to hunt the blind, but had not used it in a few days and was on his way to get in it to hunt right before shooting time, the victims, per what was said (again on repeating what was said) had been hunting the blind because the old man had not been using it, they were going to get in it again but saw the old man going to it, they then raced around the old man & got to the blind just as it was about to get to be shooting hours, claiming the blind away from the old man, who by the rules set up still had rights to the blind. As was said, an argument ensued, things must have went south, 1 old man vs several young guys. We know how it ended. I would expect (if info correct) the young guys never had their guns even out of their cases yet, while the old man, already mad & expecting a fight had his out & ready, might explain how it came to be. It's a sad & terrible deal, lose of life over a duck is hard to even comprehend, and it is just dumbfounding that it has gotten to this point now. Sad, Sad!!!!"

https://www.arkansashunting.net/threads/shooting-at-reelfoot-lake.276357/page-2

It's a long thread, and as has happened here a lot lately, it went South pretty quick.

????
So basically the young ones out boat raced the old man to the blind.
Old guy got pissed, got their and whacked em

Crabtree,s story got some holes in it .
If any of this is true.

Ducks.......
Sooooooo worth it......