[quote=Jim1611]So a thread is started in memory of someone that many of us admire and mourn his passing

Yep, it did. I'm just pointing out that he was unworthy of your admiration, and that his passing is a good thing. He was an ugly, vile and vulgar man who was a major contributor to the division America. And he did so purely to enrich himself, unabashed greed. He lied continuously, and one could reasonably conclude one of his lies killed him. I asked above, did he ever renounce the lie publicly that caused his death? Anybody? I'm thinking he had a long time to think about it during the year between his diagnosis and death. Penny for his thoughts.

You guys believed his lies, and continue to believe conspiracy theories and other lies. News for you; QAnon is not real, the election was not stolen, the election was secure and fair, Joe Biden is our legitimately elected President, Donald Trump incited insurrection. Oh, and smoking causes cancer.

DeSantis wants to lower Florida's flag to half mast to honor Rush, calling him "a legend". Many disagree:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/r...ersial-radio-host/ar-BB1dSa4f?li=BBnbfcL

Florida Senate Democratic leader Gary Farmer issued a statement Friday calling DeSantis' flag order "a partisan political tool to salute a man who served no other interests than his own and did his best to deeply divide a country along political fault lines.

I condemn the governor's decision in no uncertain terms. Any move to lower our flag in deference to a man who helped drive the hatred and inflame the prejudices against marginalized groups, people of color, women, and anyone who did not look like him or think like him is wrong, and should be rescinded," Farmer said.

My own opinion is consistent with Wasserman Schultz's:

"Rush Limbaugh weaponized his platform to spread racism, xenophobia and homophobia across the nation," she said in a tweet. "His constant hateful rhetoric caused untold damage to our political landscape."

He is not worthy of adulation, admiration, or respect. Facts, truth and science are real. Show some respect.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope