There's a lot to like about your current choice.

As much as I love older S&W revolvers and hate the lock, I keep coming back to a current adjustable-sight model. They're drilled and tapped so you can add a red-dot sight or the tritium version of these: https://www.dlsports.com/sandw_kln_frame_sights.html.

I’d probably buy a Model 66 and carry hot 38s, but I wouldn’t rule out a Model 625 in 45 ACP.

I’d get a 4.25” barrel for the sight radius and I’d carry in the appendix position. It sounds crazy but I’ve carried 4”, 5”, and 6” revolvers there back when we called it Mexican carry. A 4” gun is perfectly comfortable plus it actually conceals better than a shorter one.

Second choice is IWB at 4 o’clock. If you stay with OWB, then get a shorter barrel so it doesn’t show below your coat. I’d go with Kydex. It’s thinner, stiffer, and more resistant to sweat, plus it’s cheaper than leather, and I’d upgrade to a proper gun belt instead of a dress belt.

J-frames and SP-101s are too small for me to shoot well and handle quickly without bigger grips, which makes them as big as a K-frame, so I’ll take the bigger gun and the extra shot.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.